Masala corn is a common Indian street food and is mainly served outside the shopping malls or movie theaters. This simple, spicy and healthy snack is mainly prepared with sweet corn kernels and some seasonings. It is a fusion of sweet & hot flavors. It can be prepared within 10 mins and served as an evening snack or just as a general chaat salad.
CUISINE: INDIAN COURSE: SNACKS/SALAD PREPARATION TIME : 2 MIN COOK TIME:10-12 MIN
Health Perk: Corn has several health benefits. Because of the high fiber content, it can aid with digestion. It also contains valuable B vitamins which are important to your overall health.
INGREDIENTS FOR 3-4 SERVINGS:-
Below are the required quantities for all the ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels or fresh corn
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or 1/4 lemon
- ¾ tsp chaat masala (optional)
- 4 cup water
STEP BY STEP RECIPE WITH PHOTOS :-
- Check whether it is cooked or not by pressing the corns. A soft and slightly swelled corn is an indication that they are cooked and ready to be drained.
Transfer spicy corns to a cup and serve hot.
Sharing is caring :-
- The frozen sweet corn kernels can be used if the fresh ones are not available.
- If you are using frozen corn, put them in a bowl of water and microwave for 50 seconds before using them. Wash & drain nicely.
- You can adjust seasoning as per your taste at the end. Make sure to mix well.