Talking about immunity, what better than all those old grandma’s recipes! Inspired by our ancient culture, I am thinking of sharing the series of immunity enriched food & drinks that will help us being healthy during these tough times! Let us start with an antioxidant Turmeric Milk/Haldi doodh which is also known as golden milk.
Health perk: Turmeric milk is rich in antioxidants, which help protect cells from damage, fight off disease and infections and contribute to your overall health.
INGREDIENTS AND INITIAL PREPARATION FOR 1 SERVING:-
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/4 tsp of grated ginger or powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ghee/butter
- 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)
RECIPE WITH PHOTOS :-
To make the turmeric milk, simply put milk in a saucepan on simmer flame. Add grated ginger, turmeric and cinnamon powder. Mix all ingredients well. Sprinkle black pepper (mandatory). Stir and wait for 10 minutes. Turn the flame to high and bring milk to boil. Once boiled, turn off the flame. Strain the drink into mugs and top with a pinch of cinnamon, if you like.
That’s it. Antioxidant HALDI DOODH is ready!! Serve hot to your family, friends & loved ones. It will strengthen your immune system & protect your body from infections.
Sharing is caring:-
- Turmeric milk (240ml) can be drink daily by any age group.
- You may also use fresh grated turmeric. It is more effective.
- Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric is good for health but should be only taken with supplement, milk and turmeric n this case. When used alone, ‘Curcumin’ cannot be utilized effectively in the human body.
- The ingredients used to make turmeric milk have antibacterial and antiviral properties which will protect your body from infections. Their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties will strengthen your immune system as well.
ALSO VISIT MY INSTAGRAM PAGE NIKKIESKITCHEN TO GET THE VIDEO RECIPE.
STAY HOME & KEEP YOUR FAMILY FIT 🙂