I’ve been enjoying this crispy noodle patty since my college days – it’s one of my favorite aloo tikki. I learnt to cook it from my loving Masi 🙂 The wonders of her cooking and the taste of her food always intrigued me which made me want to cook like her. Today I decided to cook this gem of hers and share the recipe with you. I hope you like it and it makes your evening wonderful. Serve it with tomato sauce, green chutney or barbecue sauce to tantalize your taste buds. I am sure your loved ones are going to ask you about the recipe 🙂 🙂
INGREDIENTS AND INITIAL PREPARATION:-
Below are the required quantities for all the ingredients for 3-4 servings:-
- 2-3 potatoes (boiled)
- 1 cup noodles, boiled in salted water with a quarter spoon oil
- 1 tsp cornflour (corn starch)
- 1-2 chopped green chillies or red chilli powder
- 1 tsp spoon ginger garlic paste or powder
- 2 tsp bread crumbs or semolina or rice flour
- For seasoning: salt to taste, chaat masala powder/mango powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Oil: as required (for deep fry depending upon pan size)
RECIPE IN A NUTSHELL:
Take a large pot of salted water to boil the noodles until nearly tender for 7-8 mins, wash it with cold water, drain, sprinkle some black pepper onto it and set aside. Boil the potatoes and mash them well in a large mixing bowl making sure there are no lumps. In the same mixing bowl, add chopped green chilly, oil, salt, cornflour, ginger garlic paste, chaat masala, breadcrumbs and black pepper (quantity as discussed above). Make 6-7 round patties from the mashed and well seasoned potatoes, you can apply some oil on your palm while making the patties or tikkies. Coat or cover these patties with boiled and drained noodles that you kept aside and place the noodle patties in refrigerator for 10-15 mins before frying. Take it out and rest it for another 10 mins. Meanwhile, warm the oil in any pan or kadai over medium heat, place all the patties in a pan and deep fry on medium flame till they turn into golden brown from both sides. Place it out in a plate and serve with your favorite sauce.
STEP BY STEP RECIPE WITH PHOTOS:-
- Boil the noodles in salted water with a quarter spoon of oil. Wash the boiled noodles in running water, drain it and sprinkle some black pepper onto it. Set aside.
2. Boil the potatoes, peel and mash it in a mixing bowl without any lumps. Add green chilly, salt, ginger garlic paste, cornflour, spoon of oil, black pepper and chaat masala, bread-crumbs to the mashed potatoes. Mix everything well.
3. Make 7-8 potato patties round in shape and cover or coat it nicely with previously boiled noodles as shown in picture.
4. Refrigerate it for 10-15 mins before frying. It helps in binding the patties, they do not crumble while frying. Then rest it for another 10 mins at normal temperature before frying.
5. Take a kadai or pan, put oil for deep frying. On a medium to little high flame, dip these noodle patties and fry them till golden brown (Flip it only when the other side of patty becomes crispy and golden in color).
6. Take out the patties on paper towels to remove the excess oil. Arrange decoratively it in a plate and serve it with any sauce.
Sharing is caring:-
- While boiling the noodles, put some oil & salt in the water. It gives non-sticky textures to the noodles.
- Apply some oil on your palm while making the patties.
- Cover and place the patties in refrigerator before frying for 15 mins.
- Cautiously fry the patties having golden brown texture.
Crispy noodle patties are ready to eat!!
Have a beautiful evening 🙂