Let’s try something different! This time nikkieskitchen has come up with a popular Chinese street food – Chinese Bhel. This crunchy noodle bhel is simply prepared by mixing fried noodles, pre-prepped veggies and schezwan sauce. You can serve it as a snack, a side dish or a light meal. Make your evening special with this crispy noodle bhel & a chilled beer! 🙂
Cuisine: Chinese Course:Snack Preparation time :10 mins Serving: 2 bowl
INGREDIENTS AND INITIAL PREPARATION:-
Below are the required quantities for each ingredient for 2 bowl servings:-
For Fried Noodles:
- 100-150 gram dried noodles
- Water to boil noodles
- Salt to taste (just a pinch)
- 4 Cups refined oil to fry noodles
- 1 medium-size onion sliced chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup capsicum sliced cut
- ½ cup carrot sliced thin
- 1 spring onion, fine chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1½ tbsp schezwan sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste (or 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp oil
Boil the noodles in hot water . Add salt and 3-4 drops of oil in water while boiling noodles. Drain water from the boiled noodles from seive or strainer and wash it under cold water.
Deep fry the boiled noodles in small batches till they turn crispy. Each batch takes 10 -15 minutes to get golden and crispy. Keep flipping over the noodles using tongs at regular intervals. Drain out noodles on a plate lined with paper towel and keep aside for 10 mins. Similarly, fry all the noodles in small batches.
- Add crispy fried noodles to the veggies.
- Serve immediately.
Happy Bhel Time 🙂
Sharing is caring:
- If you want to make the bhel the next day or after 4-5 hours, store fried noodles in an airtight box.
- After combining all the ingredients serve the bhel immediately else noodles lose their crunchiness and become soggy.
- Seasoning quantity may be altered as per the taste preference.
- Don’t overcook the veggies.