Merhaba!! The super amazing and super easy Mediterranean dip is here!
Hummus, the taste & smell of this dip is every bit aromatic! This Levantine dip (from the Arabian city of Levant) or spread is popular in the Middle East and Mediterranean, and now around the globe. So here I am sharing it’s recipe with you. I am sure you are gonna love it!
Rejoice the flavor of hummus while sitting on the couch and watching ICC cricket world cup. You can eat it as a dip with plain chips, falafel (previous post), snackers or use it as a spread for salad, toast, sandwiches, pita bread, flat bread, buns etc.
Health perk: They are also high in iron, and dietary fiber which is excellent for digestive health.
Cuisine: Mediterranean/Middle-east Course: Dipetizer Preparation time: 4-5 hrs Serving: 3-4
INGREDIENTS AND INITIAL PREPARATION FOR 2-3 SERVINGS :
- Dry Chickpeas: 200 gm
- Tahini (sesame paste): 3 tbsp (if you don’t have tahini, use sesame seed)
- Olive oil: 3 tbsp (extra virgin)
- Garlic clove: 2-3
- Lemon Juice: half
- Salt: 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin powder: 1 ½ tsp
- Water: 3 tbsp or as required to make paste creamy
- Food processor or blender
RECIPE WITH PICTURE :- Hummus is made from soaked and boiled chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, cumin powder and water. Blend it to smooth and creamy texture by adding a little water. Put it in a plate and top with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle paprika or red chilly and cilantro. That’s it, the dip is ready!! 🙂 Don’t miss out “sharing is caring” section below for detailed process of dip!
Have dip with plain chips, falafel, snackers or use it as a spread for salad, toast, sandwiches, pita bread, flat bread, rolls etc.
If you are looking for falafel recipe then do check: Falafel From Middle East!
Sharing is Caring :
- Soak Chickpeas for 4-5 hours or overnight. Rinse and drain water from it.
- Place it in a pot, add 1/4 tsp of baking soda and water and put it on medium flame for 30 mins.
- Let the water cool down and then remove the skin of chickpeas while its in water. Drain out the water.
- Canned chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are also available in the market. If you don’t want to prepare the chickpeas as per above steps, go for it.
- Using the food processor, pulse all the ingredients with chickpeas by adding water.
- You may refrigerate hummus for 4-5 days.
- Hummus has a tendency to thicken up, add more water if needed to get the creamy texture.
- You may increase the quantity of lemon, paprika and salt as per your taste.
- Do not forget to drizzle a little olive oil on top of hummus.