Here I am sharing a quick homestyle Aloo chaat recipe. Simply prepared by frying boiled potatoes in oil and adding some seasonings, yogurt and tamarind chutney. It can be served as a snack, a side dish or a light meal during fast.
- 3-4 Small gold potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1-2 chopped green chilly
- 1/2 tomato, diced form
- Black pepper, cumin powder and salt -to taste
- ¼ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt (whisk it to cream)
- 2 tbs Tamarind chutney (Imli ki chutney)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro to garnish and unsalted potato chips (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil to saute potatoes
Cuisine: North India Course: Falahari/Navratri food/Chaat Preparation time : 5 min Cook time: 5 min
RECIPE WITH PICTURE :-
It is simply made by mixing boiled and fried potatoes, followed by adding tomato, lemon juice, yogurt, tamarind chutney, green chilli, rock salt, black pepper and cumin powder. Toss them all and garnish with coriander leaves & crushed unsalted homemade chips (optional). Seasoning quantity may be altered as per the taste preference.
Sharing is caring:-
- Do not over boil the potatoes.
- If you are not fasting you can add your own favorite seasoning along with chopped onions and namkeen.
Enjoy fried aloo chaat!