Fruit Chaats are big during Navratri, but have you tried the Shakarkandi chaat?
On this auspicious day I am giving you the quick and easy to prepare chaat’s recipe which provides instant energy and peppery taste too! Shakarkandi or sweet potato chaat is one of the most popular Navratri special food. You can also enjoy this chaat in barbecue style while on vacation with family or on picnic with friends.
Health perk: It contains vitamin B6, vitamin D, Iron etc. Vitamin B6 helps in maintaining body’s metabolism and liver function and above all enhances the immune system. It also takes care of the nervous system.
Cuisine: North India Course: Falahari/Navratri food/Chaat Preparation time : 2 min Cook time: 5 min Serving: 3-4
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 SERVINGS :
Below are the required quantities for all the ingredients for 2 servings:-
- 2-4 Sweet potatoes (Shakarkandi), boiled
- Sendha namak (Rock salt) to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
RECIPE IN A NUTSHELL :
It is simply made by roasting sweet potatoes (in oven at 350F for 6-8 mins) followed by peeling and seasoning them with rock salt or sendha namak, black pepper, cumin powder, mango powder, lemon juice and garnishing with coriander leaves. Seasoning quantity may be altered as per the taste preference. You can also have the chaat with nimboo pani (shikanji), if you want. 🙂
STEP BY STEP RECIPE WITH PHOTO :-
- Roast sweet potatoes in an oven at 350F for 6-8 mins or pressure cooker boil till one whistle.
- Peel and cut them off.
- Season with rock salt or sendha namak, black pepper, mango powder, lemon juice, cumin powder. Sprinkle all as per your taste preferences or as per the quantities mentioned above.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Sharing is caring:-
- If you are boiling them in pressure cooker, cook up to one whistle. Do not over boil.
- Cook for 3 mins if using microwave.
- It’s a quick, healthy and zero fat snack.
- You can also roast the sweet potatoes on coal (barbecue style).
- If you are not fasting you can add your own favorite seasoning along with chopped onions and sev namkeen.